Wednesday 23 October 2013

The night before...

I've been getting ready for the tour all week, there's always so many small things to organise and so many loose ends to tie up. I tried to start the car the night before we were going to leave and it wouldn't start, panicking I asked a friend if he could jump start my car, but his van wasn't working. We thought it might be a good idea to try and bump start the car so I had three guys push my car down the road while I dropped the clutch and threw it into second gear. This didn't do anything so I had to call the AA, this is not ideal the night before leaving for a 5 country, 10 date, 2000 mile tour. The AA man arrived, a right jolly fellow, and had a poke around the engine. The spark plugs, the original suspected culprit, were fine so I thought that it might be something serious. The AA man thought he knew what the problem was... Apparently on Fiat Puntos there is a fuel-line kill switch behind the material of the wall of the passenger footwell, this can be set off if there is serious trauma to the car, like a crash, or simply if someone knocks it with their foot. Thankfully, this ended up being the problem and all it took to fix the car was a simple flick of the switch... what a relief! Thanks a lot to Stef, Dan and Ed for all the pushing and keeping me calm when I was in a bit of a panic. I went to bed knowing that everything was totally sorted and that we were ready for the tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment